Friday, August 26, 2011

I'm Incubating Fruit Flies!!!!

I had heard about fruit flies laying eggs in your clothes in this area of Kenya--it's true!!  This morning I was feeling an ache under my arm pit.  When I got home today I decided to check it out because it was reaaaaly sore.  I looked in the mirror and noticed a large lump. STOP READING NOW IF YOU DONT WANT TO HEAR THE GORY DETAILS!  I gave it a little squeeze and out popped a worm.  WTF!  It was the size of a baby caterpillar.  I coundn't stomp it fast enough. Sooooo disgusting.  On Tuesday the maid had hung my clothes to dry on the line so I guess it nested then.  Tough my supervisor says it normally takes 7 days and I must have gotten it in Nairobi.  Whatever.  It was there and it was squirming.  Karibu Kenya.  I am truly initiated now.

My first initation was in Loitokituk with all the red dust.  It was the consistency of powdered sugar and could permeate a pair of wool hiking socks in just a few hours.  I'm still living with the foot fungus that caused.  Even the best manicure could not remove all the black grunge under my nails.

Well that's two things.  Number three will certainly be a lulu.  Probably get broadsided by a camel in the bush this weekend!  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment